At Space in Time, I am committed to keeping your personal information safe and being clear about how I collect your data, how I store it and what I do with it. This policy applies to the Space in Time website (www.spaceintime.co.uk) and for direct use of my services; whether you want information, support, counselling or education / training from me.
Space in Time services governed by this policy includes website enquiries, emails, telephone contacts, training and face to face counselling services.
Space in Time is registered by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU). Full details of this listing can be seen on the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
This privacy notice lets you know how I collect, use and keep your personal information safe.
If you have any queries about my Privacy Notice, please get in touch with me by email: email@example.com. Or if you prefer, you can write to: Sarah Wardell, Space in Time Counselling & Education, c/o Holcombe House, Gravel Hill, Ludlow, SY8 1QU.
What information do I collect about you?
Information you give to me directly:
I will collect and store information that you give me when you do the following things on my website / telephone / face to face:
- Make an enquiry
- Give me feedback or make a complaint
- Enter into a contract with me
- Undertake face to face counselling (assessment and sessions) with me
- Commission training with me.
Information you give to me indirectly:
- I store information about how you navigate my website, although this cannot be used to personally identify you.
Depending on what you do on my website or we discuss, I may collect and store the following types of personal information: name, email address, date of birth, mobile or telephone number, relationship status, gender, sexual orientation, details about your GP and NOK, and details about your education and career.
Certain types of personal information are recognised by data protection law as being more ‘sensitive’. So things like sexual orientation, racial or ethnic origin, religious or political opinion, data concerning your health (mental or physical) or your sex life fall into this category.
Space in Time will only collect sensitive information like this where it informs the provision of the service to you. Whenever I do this, I will state clearly at the time, why this information is required. I may also gather sensitive personal information if you choose to share your experiences with me for a case study, but I will only do this with your explicit consent.
If you’re a young person under 18:
This website is not intended for children and I do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
How do I use your personal information?
I will use your personal information to do the following:
- Provide you with information or services you’ve requested or that I feel might be of interest to you.
- Respond to direct requests where you contact me with a query – I will use your personal information to respond.
- Carry out general administrative tasks like dealing with complaints and feedback, essential record-keeping.
- Transact: I will use your personal information to take payments from you when processing orders and payments for goods and services.
- Keep you safe: in the event that I reasonably think you (or someone else) is at risk of serious harm or abuse.
- Conduct polls, surveys and market research: I may invite you to take part so that I can improve my website, services and/or strategic development.
- Monitoring and evaluation: I use your personal information to inform and develop my service delivery.
For how long will I keep your personal information?
At Space in Time, I am committed to retaining your personal information for no longer than necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was first collected. This is in line with guidance from the Information Commissioner’s Office and within expectations of my professional indemnity insurance policies. Space in Time may hold some types of data for up to five years from the end point of my service provision.
Additionally, in the case of financial transactions, I will keep your personal information for as long as legally required in respect of tax or accounting purposes, which could be anything up to six years after a transaction has taken place.
Do you share my information with anyone else?
I will only use your personal information for the purposes for which it was obtained in the first place. I won’t share it with any third parties and you won’t receive any communications from other organisations. Please note, if following links to other websites (all UK based) please refer to their individual Privacy Notices to be advised on what they do with your data.
However, there is one very explicit ways in which your data might be shared:
- Where I am legally bound to disclose your personal information, for example, to further criminal investigation or to keep you safe if I believe you (or someone else) is at risk of serious harm or abuse.
Keeping your personal information safe
I have both digital and operational safeguards to make sure your data is secure at Space in Time. Access to information is reviewed on a regular basis and limited to myself. Digitally held information is kept on encrypted UBS and/or password protected laptop or smart phone. Paper records and the electronic equipment are kept under lock and key when not in use, in a private location not accessed by the public.
Space in Time’s online contact form is protected by secure end-to-end encryption.
There are, however, inherent risks to passing information over public networks and Space in Time cannot 100% guarantee the security of data handled in this way.
Space in Time’s web server is hosted with TSOHost who use a UK Data Centre.
Your rights and managing your own data
You have the right to request access to the personal information that Space in Time stores and processes about you. You can ask for corrections to be made to the information I hold or for your personal information to be deleted. You can also ask me to restrict the processing of your personal information or to object to the processing of it altogether. You can withdraw your consent to my collecting and holding your data at any point in time.
I will not charge you for either considering or complying with a request unless it is deemed to be excessive in nature. I will ask you for proof of identity and upon this being successfully verified, you are entitled to obtain the following information about your personal information:
- The purposes of the collection, processing, use and storage of your personal data.
- The source(s) of the personal information, if it was not obtained from you.
- The categories of personal data stored about you.
- The recipients (or categories of recipients) to whom your personal data has been or may be transmitted, along with the location of those recipients.
- The envisaged period of storage for your personal data or the rationale for determining the storage period.
If you’d like to make a request relating to any of the rights above, please send a request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Or if you prefer, you can make the request in writing to: Sarah Wardell, Space in Time Counselling & Education, c/o Holcombe House, Gravel Hill, Ludlow, SY8 1QU.
How to make a complaint
If you’re unhappy with my response, you may then raise your concern directly with the Information Commissioner’s Office: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe Homee, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
Alternatively you can visit the ICO website.
Space in Time is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office as a Data Controller under number A8355069.